Staying Safe While Serving.
With school out of session it is vital we stay in contact with our kinship and foster families. They need to know we are caring for them during this anxious time. What an opportunity for the Peace of the Gospel to be lived out before them!
A few basic guidelines for you as your teams serve:
- Healthy people may provide meals. (as always)
- Healthy people may provide childcare as previously arranged. (as always)
- More touches through phone and text will give courage while navigating the days with children home.
- Pray for families and encourage them to take advantage of our staycation resources in the coming days.
- Contribute to the STAYCATION resources, and potential STAYCATIONcare packages to be distributed. Grandparents and others will be stretched to their limits with this unexpected change of schedule.
- Especially for our foster alums in college: Many of these youth and young adults, have no place to go once the school has closed their dormitory or on-campus housing, resulting in the real-time potential for homelessness for many of these youth. PRAY!
While we cannot show our love on a large scale at the bowling right now we can show our love in a multitude of small ways, drawing closer to each other while staying safe. Many of you are the extended family for the families you serve. Be present through calls, text and emails.
CHURCH CHAMPION MEETING: Moved to TUESDAY, March 17, from 5:30-6:30 pm. I will have a meeting that morning with Directors at Ashland JFS with updates for you all.
Conference Call Line: 605-313-5104. Participant access code: 501086#
Micah 7:7. "As for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord to help, I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me."