And it's a wrap!
As you close the door of the past decade and step into the next join with us to be thankful for all God has done in and through Fostering Family Ministries in 2019.
- Record number of foster families through Ashland County
- 15 churches have partnered in some way with Fostering Family Ministries
- 17 Church Champions serving or preparing to begin serving in January 2020
- Care teams serving foster and kinship families
- Third annual Family Festival...First one without rain!
- Second Bowling Party
- Second Mohican Hike
- First Stand Sunday Community Service with Cecil & Boone Stokes
- Exceeded our Stand Sunday goal of $20,000
- Record year end giving
- Record number of giving units and churches.
So many individual stories of children whose needs were met, whose families were served...Numerous families and professionals who gained more tools in trauma informed care... Influence to improve the foster care system reaching to the state of Ohio with my role on the Advisory Council for Children Services Transformation.
With a record number of children in care in our state, 2020 will be a year to dramatically increase the number of churches with foster families surrounded by supportive friends. Trauma informed tools will be needed by an increasing network of those who serve children from hard places in homes, churches, schools, courts and counseling.
Thank you for your prayers, thank you for your support. Without each of you this work would not be carried on into the new year.
Would you step up in 2020 and
Praying you will find a way to be involved with God in "setting the lonely in families." Psalms 68:6.